Colin, Brandi, Dylan, Joshua, Peter and Sweet Baby Girl
Hi all! I assume that most people reading this blog, this early in the creation of it- and possibly ever- will know who I am but here's a little intro anyway.

My name is Brandi and I love food. I love cooking food, buying food- disregarding the budget-, getting good deals on food, trying new food, recreating basics and, most of all, EATING food! The only thing I don't like about food is meal planning. It takes so much fun out of creating meals but, it also takes a lot of stress out of what's for dinner! So I meal plan and I encourage everyone to take the time to sit down and write out a weekly, biweekly or monthly menu. It saves so much time and money and my husband loves to know what we are having for dinner. Plus it makes him feel all manly when I ask him to look it over and approve of it.

That being said, we do bring some food issues to the table with us. Both my children (D & J) are allergic to milk so we don't do dairy, really, except for special occasions. Also, we limit our meat intake, though we do eat meat. My darling husband wouldn't survive if I took it away entirely! And I wouldn't want to do that to him, either. Also, we are members of a local CSA so most of my recipes will be including seasonal veggies. Pretty much everything I post you can find in your local supermarket but I really recommend supporting your local farmers and hitting the farmers' market. Plus, I know my boys eat a lot more veggies when they get that kind of interaction. However, we are not health nuts. We eat all kinds of food, junk food included. :)

More importantly than all that, I am a Christian woman, writing this blog for the glory of Christ, to share the passion that my Heavenly Father has given me, a small ministry in my day to serve outside my home, into the homes of people I love, even if I don't know you. Occasionally, there may be talk about what's going on in my life with regards to my walk with Christ.

I pray that you will be blessed, encouraged and inspired by this to go and create meals for your family that are nutritious and delicious.
3 Responses
  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. The blog looks great Brandi! Can't wait to see what you post, I absolutely love food blogs!

    <3 Marilyn


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Good job, Brandi. I am looking forward to see what you post on your blog.
    Terri


Post a Comment